Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mojo Monday Entry

Welcome back!  Got some creative time last night and decided to participate in the Mojo Monday Week 189 challenge.  A few hours (and interruptions) later, here's what I came up with. 


 Isn't it nice to lose track of time doing something you love? 

Here's what I used:
  • PTI Stamp & Buttons
  • Cricut Cartridges (Indie Art, Martha Stewart Cake Holiday and Elegant, Preserves)
  • BoBunny Paper
  • Sizzix Paper
  • Bakers Twine
I learned some lessons from this project:
  • Just because you have a lot of carts doesn't mean that you have to use more than one or two carts when cutting out design elements.  It really adds a lot of time to your project when you use a lot of different cartridges!
  • Less can be more.  I put bling on the butterfly then had to carefully scrape it off because it was too fancy for that calm little butterfly!
  • Think about what order the card goes together BEFORE gluing down the first layer.  The bakers twine?  It goes UNDER the bottom layer!  Guess when I figured that out?  You guessed it - AFTER I glued down all the other layers!
Now the big question:  Will I remember what I learned for my next project? :)

Have a great week,
Cindy

2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! Love that butterfly. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your card over at Mojo Monday and it caught my eye bcs we used the same colors. :o) Your card is much better though! I love all the shapes/cut outs you have! And I love butterflies too. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete