Saturday, January 21, 2012

Snowflake Kisses


Snow finally found us last night in the Shenandoah Valley.  We got enough to cover the ground and make everything look sparkling clean.  By afternoon, though, it's all gone (and that's fine with me!).  Snow is so much more enjoyable when you can simply enjoy it and not have to trudge around in it, don't you think? 

This week has been a busy one here.  Miss E had an orthodonist and dentist appointment on the same day.  She took it all in stride, though.  Mom needs to coordinate a little better...  And Mom needs to brush better - I have to go back Monday for a filling! 

How about a happier topic?  This card was designed for two challenges:  My Craft Spot and Fantabulous Cricut.  Both challenges are all about snow:  snowflakes, snowmen - if it's cold and wintry, it works for the challenge!

I decided to go with a turquoise and purple color palette for this  4 1/4 X 4 1/4 card. The background chevron paper is from MME Fine and Dandy Tickled Pink.  The paper on the hat is made by combining TH Distress Stains:  Picket Fence, Dusty Concord and Faded Jeans.  Just blob some on your craft mat, spritz with water, lay the paper on top and work it around.  The nice part is that after you dry it with the heat gun, you can add another lay until you get the effect you want!  It's really easy and it gives your projects a little something extra! 

After the paper dried, I used My Craft Spot White Christmas stamp set to stamps the snowflakes in Fresh Snow from PTI.  The sentiment is from the set too.  Don't you love the font and sentiment?  I can't wait to add some more of those stamps to my collection!

The hat is cut from Winter Wonderland and I used stickles on the trim and fuzzy ball .  I used the shadow cut to give a little extra oomph to they layout and put a little bling in the middle of the snowflake for interest.  The big snowflake peeking from behind the hat is from Winter Lace and it got 'stickleized' as well!

The purple ribbon is bias tape that I dyed to match using TH Distress Stain in Dusty Concord. 

Oh and if you look closely at the card photo, you can see the storage system DH and I came up with for my growing Copic collection.  It's definitely a budget friendly solution Since I saved on it, I should be able to buy more Copics, right? ;) 




We're still working out all the design details (and I had to tell DH that we didn't have enough cans...oopsie!) but it's working well so far.  I like to be able to organize by color family AND see my choices while I'm planning a project!

Enough for now!  Hope you stay warm and happy on this winter weekend!

Cindy

3 comments:

  1. Great card! Love how you do your distressing. And the Copic holder is awesome! Good luck with the brushing :) Thanks for creating with us at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card!Good luck keeping up your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card! And yes you can definately spend the money you saved on storage on more Copics!

    ReplyDelete