Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Old School Meets New School

A recent challenge was to use old scrappy products to make a project. 



So out came the old stencils, fancy scissors and brads to make this card!  The base is stamped with PTI Stitches and Swirls in Aqua mist.  I love the subtle pattern it makes.  The lace is colored using the aqua mist stamp pad and some water to mix in the color. 



The tag... let's just say I am so thankful for my Cricut because cutting out a handtraced stencil tag isn't as fun as it sounds!  The tag is stamped with the same Stitches and Swirls stamp from PTI in Fresh Snow (don't you just love the name Fresh Snow?).  The brads in the corners are dotted with Pearls.  It gives the brads a little touch of class.  The letters are silver stick ons - easy peasy. 

Lessons learned from this card:
  • Using the fancy scissors on PTI's heavyweight paper is a disaster waiting to happen.  The ends of my tag were chewed up right away because the scissors couldn't cut through the paper.  The tag ended up being smaller than I wanted because I had to trim off all the chewed up mess.  Still got some fancy cuts in by cutting the bottom edge of the card...
  • Pearl dots take time to dry.  If you're impatient like me, you'll end up bumping the dot while trying to finish up without leaving time for the pearl to dry, getting it all over your hand and you'll have to redot.  Ugh.
Overall a simple, sweet card using old school products.  If it's all the same to you, though, I think I'll stick with my Cricut... :)

Smiles,
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment